So after a semi success of the Strawberry Cheesecake, I found this one online and gave it a try to see if my son would be satisfied. Goodness sakes the things we do for our kids when they are grown and come home for the week…
How pretty are these bars!! After getting this one started I was more excited to try them myself than making Mr. Joe happy with his cheesecake hunger. Sugar cookies, cream cheese and best of all, the heath topping. That’s what I was looking forward to! AND Mr. Joe was happy with these too!
The hardest part in making these types of desserts for me is the waiting process. Putting it in the fridge and letting portions of it set, baking it for 25 minutes or so and then letting it cool before moving on is very hard for me. (So now I know where Mr. Joe gets his impatience from).
The kids were playing outside while the cookie dough was baking!!
- 1 (17.5 oz) pouch sugar cookie mix
- 1 (4 serving size) box French Vanilla Instant Pudding
- 2 Tbsp packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted (1 stick)
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 2 whole eggs + 3 egg yolks
- 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- *optional ~ 2/3 cup toffee bits, pulverized in blender or food processor
How to Make
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spray a 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl mix cookie mix, pudding mix, brown sugar, melted butter, 1 tsp vanilla and 1 whole egg with a spoon…when dough started coming together I used my hands to knead it.
- Press the cookie dough into the bottom and slightly up the sides of the prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, using hand or stand mixer, beat cream cheese, granulated sugar, sour cream, the remaining whole egg and three yolks and 2 tsp vanilla until smooth and creamy.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over top the cookie base.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until center is set.
- While bars are baking pulverize your toffee bits in blender or food processor.
- Sprinkle on bars immediately upon removing from oven.
- Let cool on wire rack 30-45 minutes and then cover and transfer to refrigerator to continue cooling for at least 3 hours or overnight.
Grape Smoothie (if you want the recipe – let me know) We’ve really been into making smoothie’s lately. They are so good.
The bars were great. And what Mr. Joe was looking for.
Patricia – Two Girls Cooking