This week is going to be a busy week for us. On some days we have more than 3 things going on for the night. Kids meeting their teacher for reading/math skills, soccer, and football. Of course the sports fall on the same day within at least 1/2 hour of each other at different locations. So I’m not only trying to reduce my weekly food budget but trying to find super simple meals to get us through the week without much effort. I get the emails from Betty Crocker and went on a search and found this cheesy dinner. Did I say cheesy!!!!
Caleb is not a fan of broccoli and did not want to eat this. But since I had two other types of vegetables in it I didn’t mind so much that he picked it out. I could have made the cheese sauce home made but, again, I was looking for something easy and quick. I liked it. I liked the flavor it the sauce with the topping. Fall dinners are happening in our house!
Here’s what you need:
2 cups cut-up cooked chicken
- 1 jar (16 oz) Cheddar cheese pasta sauce
- 1 bag (1 lb) frozen broccoli, carrots and cauliflower, thawed, drained
- 1 1/4 cups Original Bisquick® mix
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup firm butter or margarine
- 1 egg, slightly beaten (I used egg yolk only)
- Here’s what you do:
- 1 Heat oven to 400°F. In large bowl, mix chicken, pasta sauce and vegetables. Pour into ungreased 9-inch square pan.
- 2 In small bowl, mix Bisquick mix, Parmesan cheese and butter with fork or pastry blender until crumbly. Stir in egg. Sprinkle over chicken mixture.
- 3 Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until topping is light golden brown.
- Have a good rest of the day.
Patricia – Two Girls Cooking